Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Enhancing Skills in the Executive/Board Relationship

In preparation for the March 10th program "Enhancing Executive Skills in the Executive/Board Relationship," the Program committee met to discuss possible questions that Teri Goodall Komar will be discussing:
  • What can I do as the Executive to get a quorum at Board meetings?-What is the Executives role?
  • What can I do as the Executive to get a board member to focus on the present and future instead of the past?
  • What is my role in getting our nominations committee to actively work to attract new and qualified Board members?
  • What is my role in orientation of new board members;continuing education of Board members?
  • How do I diplomatically approach the need to remove and replace Board "deadwood"?
  • How do I work with an ineffective-or overcontrolling Board member?
  • What is my role in improving Board giving and participation in fundraising?
  • How do I clearly define differences in the roles of the Executive and the Board?
  • What should I realistically expect from Board members?
  • How do I get my board to understand the need for diversity?
  • What is my role in holding a board member (or the Board) accountable?
  • How do I deal with a board member who speaks ill of me or my agency in public?

If you have other questions or comments, please post your comments here or by e-mail.

REGISTER HERE

No comments: